Friday, July 29, 2011

But Enough About Me, What Do *You* Think Of Me?

My all-time top three compliments ever received, in the order in which they were bestowed:

1. "You look like an angel in that sweater." [beat, cocks head to side] "But really you're the devil."  (By my dear friend upon my entering the room wearing her favorite {obs-viously} cream-colored, cowl-necked sweater. She spoke spontaneously and then remembered who she was dealing with.)

2. "You're a gay man in a woman's body." (By another dear friend--who happens to *be* a gay man, so high praise indeed--upon his observation that I watch an inordinate amount of Bravo, listen to showtunes in the car, and exhibit a lot of other superficial stereotypical behaviors. Shut up, I don't care, I'm claiming it anyway.)

3. "The bigger a freak someone is, the more you accept them." (By my MTF transgender sibling upon coming out to me. Important note: NOT MY WORDS. I would never use the f-word in this situation.)

Lesson for you to take away from this: I'm kinda awesome.

1 comment:

Frog Princess said...

Hi, Tami!

First, congratulations on the bebe! I hope the kitties aren't stealing his breath in the night. Probably you should adopt another Frenchie to keep them kitties offa that bebe. At least post that great photo of Milo as Bark Vader over the crib.

FBRN is having a fundraiser, and I was hoping you would put it on your blog and maybe email your friends and post it on facebook and nag your family to contribute. :)

Here's the chip in link. http://frenchbulldogrescue.chipin.com/french-bulldog-rescue-network

And here's the link to our front page:
http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org/

We are in some dire straits. We sure could use some help.

Thanks for any help you can give us, Tami--say hey to Jason and blap the belly of the baby for me.

Kate