Sunday, August 3, 2008

Names Have Been Changed to Protect, um, Someone

So, the other day I was catching up on all the D-List episodes I missed while I was at my folks' house and I noticed that the lead-in to the show features Kathy saying, "Ok, here's the thing. . ." And while this has been a verbal crutch of mine for quite some time, I can't be sure I didn't pick it up from Ms. Griffin and don't want to be a copycat or a plagiarist or whatever, so I changed the blog's title. It links up better with the URL now anyway. Of course, I swiped that particular gem from a t-shirt that my brother's co-worker said made her think of him, but that's different. I don't know why, but it is. Shut up. It is.

I do lurve my Bravo shows wholeheartedly, and while discussing recent episodes with some friends, one of them remarked to Jason, "Your wife sure does watch a lot of Bravo. I think she may be a gay man in a woman's body." I loved it and thought it was a great compliment, right up there with when my friend Story told me that the sweater I was wearing made me look like an angel, but really I was the devil. Aw, shucks, y'all say the sweetest things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I wondered if you'd taken it from Kathy Griffin! (or perhaps she got it from you somehow?) I lurve her. She's on permanent "record all New" on our DVR. Birds of a feather, m'friend