Tuesday, August 26, 2008

W/W = D&D

According to a recent article on Wired.com, Weight Watchers is a role-playing game. At least, the online e-tools version of it is, which is what I use, of course, due to that whole aversion to people thing. I found the comparison to be amusingly accurate and I was also oh-so-relieved that my geekdom is still so slight and insignificant that it took me quite a while to figure out the acronym. Reading, reading, thinking "Yeah, but what does RPG mean?" reading, reading, "Aha!" Dork? Yes. Geek? Not so much.

But maybe I should become one, because frankly, I'm doing pretty well at this RPG thing, if I do say so myself. Knock on wood. Repeatedly. God, I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Anyway, reduction stats for those of you keeping score at home: 37.4 pounds, 4 inches in the chest (plus the 4 from the redux!), 5 inches in the waist, and 4.5 inches in the hip. According to the character name generator I just Googled (I'm getting a jump-start on this geek thing), my Dungeons & Dragons character name shall be: Therkahn Silversgleaming (Female Elf Rogue). Also known as Therkahn the Rogue, Lady Therkahn, Lady Silversgleaming, Lady Therkahn Silversgleaming the Rogue, and Therkahn Silversgleaming the Shepherd. Not sure where the sheep came into this but I rather like the idea of being a rogue. Now excuse me while I go out and kick some W/W D&D (Oh! WWDD—I like!) butt.

No comments: