Monday, December 8, 2008

A Pound a Day!

No, this is not some amazing new weight-loss program offering impossibly fantastic results. No, no. This is what I supposedly gained over Thanksgiving week. Seven pounds. In one week. I didn't even think this was physically possible. I mean, come on. There's just no way. Theoretically, I reject this number. I'm telling myself it was fluids. Repeatedly. It's the only way I can handle the strain. I have, however, still walked around all week mentally reciting, "Seven, seven, seven, seven," and not in the good way.

On a positive note, because of the constant chorus of sevens, I have been slightly more conscious this week of the calories I've shoved into my mouth. But I did go to a party Saturday night where the table was almost audibly groaning with food and I didn't do so well at ye olde self-restraint. Quelle surprise. But, tomorrow's the big day. Weigh-in day. I'm thinking an eight-pound loss would be nice. I know that this isn't realistically achievable, but I'm thinking this pendulum ought to swing both ways. If it doesn't, someone, somewhere—and I'll let you know who just as soon as I figure that out—will be getting a very strongly worded letter.

2 comments:

katdish said...

Tami,

Okay, I feel a little bit weird about commenting on your blog, but I'm kinda weird so I guess it goes with the territory.

About a week or so ago, I was googling myself (that what she said), and I happened across your blog. Why? Because even though my url address is katdish.blogspot.com, the name of my blog is "Hey look, a chicken". So I kind of lurked around here a little, and I'm feeling all guilty about reading about you and not properly introducing myself.

So..."Hi, my name is Kathy," ("hi Kathy") and I'm ADD. Whew! I feel much better.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog, BTW. I haven't had a dog since I was a kid, but I recently got one for my daughter's birthday. (That is, SHE got one for her birthday and I paid for it.) If you're interested, you can meet him at Diary of a Mad Black Wiener Dog

Well, sorry for the intrusion.

Oh, and one more thing...speaking of Weight Watchers. I like Rosie O' Donnell's take on the points system:

"A light beer is only 2 points, so on the points plan I can have 2 lite beers. And after 2 beers, who gives a sh*t about Weight Watchers?" Exactly.

tami said...

No intrusion, Kathy. Feel free to lurk or de-lurk as the urge may strike you. No need to feel any weirder than usual.

And for anyone who's keeping score at home, since I haven't bothered to post again, I did lose five pounds following the seven-pound gain. Net gain of two for Thanksgiving week. Plus whatever I gained this week after raiding the refreshment tables at the Nutcracker last night and gorging myself on chili tonight. Fa la la la la.