Sunday, April 6, 2008

Self-congratulations, Part Deux

Today I received the best compliment of my acting career, such as it is. I went to an audition and the director, who is a professional actor of many years and who has recently purchased a home in the area (psst, this guy), told me that he really enjoyed my performance in Sylvia and that he liked my energy and he said several other nice things that I can't exactly recall because I was REELING and thrilled and excited and internally screaming "Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!" and running around in my head waving my arms and jumping up and down.

Now the reason I feel like this is the best compliment evah is because, while my friends have always been generous with their praise, they are, after all, my friends. They're not going to say, "Eh, you were okay." Or "Ya know, you really sucked." Today's comments came from an unbiased source who has made a career in this field and I am ecstatic and honored and giddy as all get-out.

Now, excuse me while I go run around the living room waving my arms and jumping up and down.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Hey, that's Mr. O'Malley! Cool.