Friday, April 4, 2008

Self-congratulations

Excuse me while I toot my own horn for a mo'.

I started following the Weight Watchers plan 1/29, a little over a month after my breast reduction. (To read a lengthy, slightly incoherent, and heavily drug-induced account of the surgery, see my old MySpace blog.) They removed roughly 4 pounds of tissue during the redux, but I somehow lost a total of 6.4 pounds between surgery date weight and 1/29. My bust measurement decreased by 4 inches! Since that date, I have lost 15.8 pounds and 2 inches from my bust, 2 inches from my waist, and 2 inches from my hips. Commence happy dance.

So results from surgery + W/W results = 22.2 pounds lost and 6 (!) inches from my bust.

Happy dance continues. Besides, it burns calories.

______________________________________
P.S. Jason is also on the program and is doing great. You'll have to ask him exactly how great because I won't let him tell me his numbers. You see, intellectually, I know that men lose faster than women without working as hard, blahdy blah blah. But, emotionally, living with the actual results is difficult. And so to save Jason (who is after all innocent of any wrongdoing) from physical harm, I respectfully request, erm, demand that he keep the facts to himself. I really don't want to have to yank his head off of his neck and dropkick it over the deck.